Volkswagen's New Campaign Gets Down in the Sand
Volkswagen's new campaign, The Sand Ad, hits the beaches of Argentina to play in the sand.
A new campaign from Volkswagen's Amarok out of Geometry Global in Argentina sees a brand activation created for the 60 busiest days of the summer in the coastal area of Argentina, in the cities of Pinamar and Carilo.
These are the two most popular and crowded beaches in Argentina, where Amarok’s target market gathers to spend their summer holidays. The two cities are perculiar in that they are both famed for having streets made of sand and, as luck would have it, sand happens to be the best terrain on which to launch a new brand building action for VW's 4x4 truck.
Geometry Global say they have created a new media by developing the simple but creative idea of carving the Amarok's wheels with the brand’s logo. The Amarok trucks then circulated the beaches and streets of Pinamar and Carilo from very early in the morning covering more tan 40 kilometers per day and creating hundreds of thousands of logos in the sand.
Using a very pure and simple material to print the Amarok logo became a new media and most importantly, says the agency, it became a totally sustainable brand experience on the lowest budget, reaching more tan 800,000 people using just two wheels.
- Agency Geometry Global, Buenos Aires
- Post Production Walden Studio, Buenos Aires
- Agency Producer Mariel Marangoni
- Chief Creative Officer Tony Waissmann
- Executive Creative Director Claudio Giovanelli Zaia
- Creative Director María Luján Donaire, Hernan Damilano
- Director Matias Pisani, Guido Cassini
- Executive Producer Karla Méndez
- Producer Matias Pisani, Guido Cassini
- Director of Photography Carlos Autor
- Model Makers & Creative Effects Sodapasta
Did you know you can follow these creative connections? Follow any of the people or companies listed below to get regular updates whenever they are mentioned on shots.net. Simply visit their profiles and click the ‘Follow this person/company’ button.